Saturday, October 30, 2010

I Should Figure Out How To Organize My Photos

It's been raining here in Seattle recently, and typically on these cold rainy days I open up some of my photo files and look my garden pictures. Going through them today I realized that I really need to sort out a way to keep these photos organized and to keep track of my rose breeding record.

I have been taking pictures of my seedlings and keeping records of their size and color in my notes, but I don't have a way yet to combine the two...

But anyhoo, back to the roses. This is the first flower I got in July 2010:


Just looking the pictures I think this is pretty.



In fact, I got several apricot flowers this season.


Next year, I need to come up with a better way to organize everything. I'm not really that good at keeping my records intact but I think I'll have to suck it up and create a database that I can put both the pictures and the data in before I forget.

Hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently using Bento for my inventories, garden and otherwise. It is pretty much drag and drop and very customizable. -- Bom @ http://www.plantchaser.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bom,

    Thanks for the input and sorry for the delay in responding to your comment. I haven't checked the blog for a while.

    I will take a look at the link you recommended!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete